It's not all biscuits, butter and fried chicken down here!

My photo
Fayetteville, North Carolina, United States
I'm a Southern home cook with a few fancy tricks up her sleeve. It doesn't matter what's in my cabinets, dinner WILL be served, it WILL be delicious and it might just be good for you too! Cooking is all about flavors and tastes. What pairs well with each other and what doesn't. It's not rocket science! That's baking. My cooking is all about creation. Creating new flavors and recipes that are either variations on the old or completely new. All of my measurements are approximate as I do everything to taste. I encourage anyone who tries any recipe they find here to make it their own! Leave out, add to, whatever you want to do with it! If flavors and techniques weren't meant to be played with, there wouldn't be so many to choose from. Feel free to ask questions or even leave suggestions! Happy eatin' yall!

Monday, October 1, 2012

New Snack addiction: PUFFCORN!




A friend of mine introduced me to these.  I only had 2 pieces that day, because the first one told me that I would eat that whole bag if I didn't stop while I was ahead. 

It's that good, and easy on the teeth and gums. 

Basically, like the bottom of the bag says "Oven baked, unlike popcorn, no hulls or hard kernels."  If you have teeth that hate you but you LOVE popcorn (like I do) then this is your solution. 

At $2 a bag and 46 pieces/160 calories per serving, I can't keep my hands off it.  I let a friend try some the other night and we ended up finishing off the bag.  They have a cheese flavor, but I'm overjoyed with butter flavor.  Considering they have a cheese puff like texture, I can probably safely assume that the cheese flavor would taste like misshapen cheetos.

Either way, if you haven't tried this then I would suggest hittin' up the closest gas station and grabbing a bag.  You cannot go wrong here.  Unless you hate popcorn, in which case I'd have to ask: "What's wrong with you?"

No comments:

Post a Comment